- Start out with a 22"x10" rectangular piece of knit fabric; give or take a little for head size and/or the elasticity of the material.
- Pleat it! This is really simple to do, just repeatedly fold the fabric into somewhat of an even series of folds.
- Pin the ends together to hold the pleats and the secure the ends together.
- Using a zig-zag stitch, repeatedly sew back and forth to ensure a secure closure.
- Trim ends along the stitch lines.
- Fold the ends toward the inside and stitch again; this just gives it a cleaner appearance and finishes the headcovering.
Get creative and experiment with different fabrics. I have done several different types of knit materials, as well as a stretch lace, with success using this method. Happy sewing!